[MPlayer-G2-dev] RCS for G2

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Dec 20 22:00:11 CET 2003

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 21:04:51 +0100
Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> Apart from that I am open to all suggestions.  But please let us evaluate
> svn (and the others) based on whatever merit they have for us developers as
> _users_.  Esthetical considerations (bloated or not, written in C++, etc)
> should be secondary IMHO.

As i already wrote, svn's usage is pretty much the same as cvs.
The only big difference is that svn keeps a lokal copy of the
unmodified code to compare with, ie most operations (including
diff) act only localy-

tla has a quite different philosophy and thus has a different usage.
I dont know whether it's harder to learn than svn/cvs for someone
who never used a RCS, but it's definitly a new thing for someone
who already knows cvs. Beside i think that tla overcomplicates
things a bit.

I still haven't had a look at darcs. But maybe Rich can tell us more

			Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu