[MPlayer-G2-dev] Concerning TODO item re-thinkparent-childconnection, move to vf_vo2.c maybe

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Tue Dec 9 17:12:10 CET 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 03:22:41PM +0100, Jiri Svoboda wrote:
> > I think the vos only use two kinds of windows X11 and windows windows.
> > If it is a linux gui it should know how to create a X11
> > window or call a helper function like the one in libvo2/x11_helper.c.
>
> And uder DirectFB You can create windows too... So there should generic -
> not x11 dependant way.
> I can imagine that there is an GUI written using gtk and uses x11 based vo
> under xwindows and different vo under directfb.

I agree.  Even if directx and x11 are the only two at the moment, we
can't rely on that forever.  People will want to implement new things in
MPlayer later, and we should have a design that introduces as few
roadblocks as possible.  That's why we're talking about G2, right?
Because G1 isn't flexible enough in some places.

--Joey

--
All philosophy is naive.