[MPlayer-G2-dev] Communication between layers?
nsabbi at libero.it
Sat Aug 2 19:39:17 CEST 2003
it seems my message wan never delivered nor archived, so here it is again.
The question is: is there an api to permit 2-way communication between
layers (stream and demuxer in my case)?
An application (that I care for) is:
1) the dvb input module opens the device and sets filters for pids 160
(V), 80 (A), eventually 500 (subs) and 0
(for PAT, that I'm working on)
2) the ts_demuxer queues the usual a/v/s content to the respective fifos
and parses the PAT to find the PMT(same as above) pids
3) at this point ts_demux needs more TS pids: the ones corresponding to
the PMTs found in the PAT, so it needs to ask the
dvb stream module to add more pids to the stream. How to do it?
4) the dvb module tries to obey and needs to report the exit code to the
5) ts_demux needs to parse the PMTs and can decide to add or remove
certain pids from the stream;
it can also tell the dvb module that there are more channels
available in the same frequency
or what's the map of the other frequencies found in the NIT (i'm
overly optimistic in this case).
More information about the MPlayer-G2-dev