[MPlayer-G2-dev] Developing a GTK2 GUI

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri gsbarbieri at yahoo.com.br
Sun Aug 3 03:31:07 CEST 2003

Rich,

I wouldn't say you need to code to make user interfaces...

Also, people may have different knowledge, some like to code and some
like to develop UI.
   I like to code and hate and I don't know how to make UI, I don't
know how to lay things out and have an intuitive UI. Do you?

I agree libglade could be bloated, however that will not make any
difference to us since the hard stuff is coded by mplayer team, GUI
wouldn't make it slower... Also, libglade stays out mplayer, so it is
transparent to us. If it's bloated inside libglade, it will not make
mplayer bloated.

I vote for that kind of solution since it makes easier to people come
and help improving UI, and yes, without knowing C.

Gustavo