[MPlayer-G2-dev] Developing a GTK2 GUI

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Aug 2 13:52:17 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > >- do window management for video window too, including fullscreen
> > >switching,
> > >  setting title, always-on-top and such attributes... you should knoe
> > >better.
> > >  (it can be done in x11-util.c too, but i was told that in gui 'mode' it
> > >  must be done by the gui, to be able to swap gui and video windows
> > >  overlapping or so.)
> >
> > The less X code the better.  Still, I'm sure there is code that can be used
> > by everyone
> > (using X) and it will be handy to have it in one place.  I have to look into
> > it more.

Hmm, maybe we should keep in mind, that gtk(2) is already usable on multiple
X-less 'platforms', like linux framebuffer, win32 etc.
So if possible, X and gtk code shouldn't be mixed (like it was done in G1's gui)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu