[MPlayer-dvb] Mencoder and DVB-C Non-FTA channels

Jonas Roum-Møller jonasrm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 11:53:04 CEST 2006

Hi, sorry for the late reply..

I have not been able to run gdb when piping data..
But I've found a work-around, I simply set -cache to 1024 or similar,
this will have mencoder wait for correct data instead of quitting
prematurely. Only problem with this methods seems to be that the
generated avi files doesnt have an index, so I can't see the duration of
the recording, I can however seek in it.

I'm now using:

/usr/local/dvb-apps/bin/gnutv -out stdout DVBCHANNELNAME | mencoder
-cache 1024 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=2000:keyint=300
-oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=224 -vf pp=ld -o OUTPUTFILE -

Please comment if you have any suggestions.

Regards,
Jonas