[Mplayer-dvb] Record frome dvb stream

Nico nsabbi at tiscali.it
Sat Nov 29 23:50:44 CET 2003

tarass at club-internet.fr wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed mplayer 1.0pre2 with enable-dvb
> but dont understand what
>
> Checking for DVB ... no (specify path to DVB/ost/include with
> --with-dvbincdir=DIR)
> Checking for DVB HEAD ... no (specify path to DVB/include (HEAD
> Version) with --with-dvbincdir=DIR)
>
> are for ?

at least for DVB-input, but also for DVB-output.
I remember you have linuxtv-1.0.x installed (or dvb-kernel, that works
the same way),
but maybe you didn't install the drivers headers in the right place.

After having run
$ ./configure
config.log will tell you what went wrong; most likely you only have to
copy dvb/*.h  in /usr/include/linux/

> anyway mpalyer dvb:// doesn't work but mplayer --dvb /dev/.../dvr0 does.
> I ahve the channels.conf in ~/.mplayer.
> Why ?

> I tried to mencode the stream from /dev/dvb/adaptator0/dvr0
> with
> mencode -o file.mpg -of mpeg -ovc copy -oac copy --dvb /dev/.../dvr0
> it works but I have no sound.
> Why ?

the above is  not the right way to encode from dvb, the row below is:
$ mencoder -of mpeg -oac copy -ovc copy -o file.mpg dvb://CHANNEL_NAME
where CHANNEL_NAME is specified in channels.conf

> without -of mpeg, sound is here but mplayer krash after 2 seconds.
> Why ?

what version of mplayer? Maybe 1.0rc_something? -of mpeg is broken
there, use the
last version from cvs.
You should also remember to load the module dvb-core with
dvb_shutdown_timeout=0.
If you use mplayer from cvs you need that parameter, but few days ago I
posted a patch
in this ML to remove that requisite:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dvb/2003-November/001313.html

It works well for me.

> I tryed to encode during 10 sec, with frames 250, it doesn't work.
> mencode doesn't stop after 10 sec.
> Why ?

append to the command line:
 -endpos 00:00:10

> Basicaly, I want to copy video stream from dvb with the best quality
> (mpeg2), and to encode it in a second time, 3 pass dvd methode.
>
> How should I do ?

see above

> How to select a specific language and specific subtitles in a
> multi-language and multi-subtitle stream (canal+ or canal satellite
> for example) ?

DVB subtitles are not supported yet.

> I tryed the doc tv and dvb specific sections but I don't find, or
> don't understand the way to do that. If it's written somme where,
> please tell me, otherwise could someone help me ?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Nicolas.
>
> PS :
>
> cvs DVB driver