[Mplayer-dvb] Record frome dvb stream

tarass at club-internet.fr tarass at club-internet.fr
Sat Nov 29 23:11:15 CET 2003

Hello,

I installed mplayer 1.0pre2 with enable-dvb
but dont understand what

Checking for DVB ... no (specify path to DVB/ost/include with
--with-dvbincdir=DIR)
Checking for DVB HEAD ... no (specify path to DVB/include (HEAD Version)
with --with-dvbincdir=DIR)

are for ?

anyway mpalyer dvb:// doesn't work but mplayer --dvb /dev/.../dvr0 does.
I ahve the channels.conf in ~/.mplayer.
Why ?

I tried to mencode the stream from /dev/dvb/adaptator0/dvr0
with
mencode -o file.mpg -of mpeg -ovc copy -oac copy --dvb /dev/.../dvr0
it works but I have no sound.
Why ?

without -of mpeg, sound is here but mplayer krash after 2 seconds.
Why ?

I tryed to encode during 10 sec, with frames 250, it doesn't work.
mencode doesn't stop after 10 sec.
Why ?

Basicaly, I want to copy video stream from dvb with the best quality
(mpeg2), and to encode it in a second time, 3 pass dvd methode.

How should I do ?

How to select a specific language and specific subtitles in a
multi-language and multi-subtitle stream (canal+ or canal satellite for
example) ?

I tryed the doc tv and dvb specific sections but I don't find, or don't
understand the way to do that. If it's written somme where, please tell
me, otherwise could someone help me ?

Thanks a lot.

Nicolas.

PS :