[Mplayer-dvb] Skystar 2 & mplayer 1.0pre2 probs

Dave Chapman dave at dchapman.com
Wed Nov 19 08:20:38 CET 2003

The alternative solution to loading dvb-core with dvb_shutdown_timeout=0
is to change mplayer to keep the "frontend" device open whilst you are
reading the data from the card.

This can be accomplished by simply commenting out the two occurrences of
"close(priv->fe_fd);" in libmpdemux/dvb_tune.c

The CVS version of dvbstream now implements this behaviour (as of about
4 days ago).

Dave.