[Mplayer-dvb] aspect ratio changes for dvb

André Weidemann Andre.Weidemann at web.de
Mon Jun 30 12:21:01 CEST 2003

Hello Harf,
the issue you describe does not sound like an Mplayer problem but more
like a driver or firmware problem.
Have you tried upgrading to the latest DVB-Driver from:
http://www.linuxtv.org/news/holger/dvbrelease3.xml
You can also try to check out the latest CVS
http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/

Good luck,
  André.

Harf Zatschler wrote:

> Hi list
>
> I'm successfully viewing digital TV using Nico's (not yet applied)
> patch. The issue I found is probably not related to this, so I'm posting
> this here:
>
> There's one station (UK channel 4) that sometimes changes aspect ratio
> from 4:3 to 16:9 -- and possibly also the bitrate, I haven't looked --
> when changing over to ads. This causes mplayer to continue playing the
> sound, but the picture is black. Re-tuning to the current channel fixes
> the picture until the next change.
> Is there any way this could be automated?
>
> Regards
> Harf

If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.