[Mplayer-dvb] aspect ratio changes for dvb

Harf Zatschler mplayer at trollmaster.net
Fri Jun 27 18:27:45 CEST 2003

Hi list

I'm successfully viewing digital TV using Nico's (not yet applied)
patch. The issue I found is probably not related to this, so I'm posting
this here:

There's one station (UK channel 4) that sometimes changes aspect ratio
from 4:3 to 16:9 -- and possibly also the bitrate, I haven't looked --
when changing over to ads. This causes mplayer to continue playing the
sound, but the picture is black. Re-tuning to the current channel fixes
the picture until the next change.
Is there any way this could be automated?

Regards
Harf