[Mplayer-dvb] mplayer/vdr-mplayer-plugin problem

Juri Haberland juri at koschikode.com
Sat Jun 21 11:52:47 CEST 2003

Tobias Rothhardt wrote:
>> > "/dev/ost/vidio+audio" "file not found"
>> > My -vo mpegpes cannot initialize because the dev files are
>> > not there. But how
>> > do I get them. I thought from now on all the dvb stuff is
>> > under /dev/dvb/...
>> > What am I doing wrong ?

If there is no /dev/dvb/ then run makedev.napi, which comes with the DVB
driver sources.

>> Try:
>> ./configure --with-extraincdir=/path/to/DVB/include
>> (old style was
>> ./configure --with-extraincdir=/path/to/DVB/ost/include)
>> when configuring mplayer.

Actually, if the driver sources are in /usr/src/DVB/ the configure script
should detect the new style driver itself, so no extra-include is necessary.

> So I would have to compile the mplayer by myself, right. Actually I like to
> use backported woody packets, so that my system stays clean and consistent.
> For mplayer I use the ones from Marillat and I have been thinking they were
> adopted to the the API Layer of vdr. Seems I might be wrong. Is there any
> other way to give a running mplayer access to these files ?

No, but maybe you can get the source-pkg and rebuild it.

Cheers,
Juri