Mplayer output to second dvb was: [Mplayer-dvb] Problem with MPlayer0.9rc3 and DVB output

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Sat Jan 25 13:57:42 CET 2003

On Saturday 25 January 2003 13:03, Stephan Bieker wrote:

> > As I further think about it I believe the limiting factor is mplayer - I
> > assume that it has the path to the DVB device hardcoded, which would be
> > the first found DVB device. You might have luck hacking the sources of
> > mplayer and change /dev/dvb/adapter0/ to /dev/dvb/adapter1/.
> >
> > If I'm wrong, A'rpi please correct me. If mplayer provides an option to
> > change the DVB device used for output I'll add a corresponding option to
> > my script.

Yes thats the way to go. there are 2 or three passages there the devicename is
defined. Simply change it to the right device. An optional -dvbdevice= would
of course be good, but I'm not a programmer, so i can't help.

> If that would be made possible, it should be great (at least for me).
> Because of space and temperature limitations if have to put my dvb cards in
> a specific order into my raiser-card, but this order (and therefor the
> order the drivers are loaded) doesn't reflect the way (or order), i want to
> use them. I want to use my rev 1.3 card as primary card for vdr and for
> mplayer too, although it is the second card loaded. VDr works great with
> osd and i am not able for getting mplayer streaming to it.
> I think, there could be more people with the same problem (i hope so).

It is not that complicated, change it to what fit your needs, I guess you
aren't the first who has done that.

--
Regards
Steffen