AW: [Mplayer-dvb] Problem with MPlayer0.9rc3 and DVB output

Juri Haberland juri at koschikode.com
Sat Jan 25 00:03:44 CET 2003

Juri Haberland wrote:
> Stephan Bieker wrote:
>
>> Is there a chance to direct output to a dvb, which is not the first dvb,
>> where the drivers are loaded for, but is configured in vdr as primary
>> interface?
>
> Sorry, I don't know. I just hacked this shell script - C++ unfortunately
> does not belong to my skills.
>
> As I don't know what is the limiting factor here (mplayer,
> mplayer-plugin, VDR) you should ask one of their developers.

As I further think about it I believe the limiting factor is mplayer - I
assume that it has the path to the DVB device hardcoded, which would be
the first found DVB device. You might have luck hacking the sources of
mplayer and change /dev/dvb/adapter0/ to /dev/dvb/adapter1/.

If I'm wrong, A'rpi please correct me. If mplayer provides an option to
change the DVB device used for output I'll add a corresponding option to
my script.

Cheers,
Juri