[Mplayer-dvb] How to best play videos with 24fps

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Tue Jan 14 01:39:29 CET 2003

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 01:31, Juri Haberland wrote:
> Hi Arpi, hi list,
>
> as some of you may have noticed, I improved the mplayer.sh script
> provided by Martin Hoffmann.
>
> There is a remaining issue:
> What is the best way to play a video with 24 fps?
> Should I just play it as a PAL video or should I use a special switch to
> improve things?

The DVB should be able to handle this. Maybe you should resize the resolution
to something ntsc like , since as far as I understood it mplayer determines
the Pal/Ntsc thing on the resolution. If you try to play these videos in Pal
it will stutter. At least in My case in ntsc it was fine but my tv-set
couldn't handle this ;)

> TIA,
> Juri

counter.li.org : #296567.