[Mplayer-dvb] DVB VIDEO DEVICE: : No such file or directory

Alexandre CONRAD aconrad.tlv at magic.fr
Tue Jan 7 11:13:49 CET 2003

>- Compile mplayer with --with-extraincdir=/path/to/DVB/include
>- cd to /path/to/DVB/driver
>- there do an 'make insmod'
>- then try mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes <file>
>- if you get an file not found again:
>	- './makdev.napi' in DVB/driver
>	- try again
>- if the problem exist further I'll have a look as fast as I can

Great ! That seems to work ! I tried with an MPEG1, works great. Now,
I'm trying a DivX, and I get that error :

Playing /usr/local/src/WarIII_Trailer1024.avi
AVI file format detected.
VIDEO:  [DIVX]  1024x468  16bpp  24.00 fps  1503.5 kbps (183.5 kbyte/s)
Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
MP3lib: init layer2&3 finished, tables done
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, 16 bit (0x10), ratio: 28000->176400 (224.0 kbit)
Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm:mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)
Requested video codec family [ffodivx] (vfm=ffmpeg) not available
(enable it at compilation!)
Requested video codec family [xvid] (vfm=xvid) not available (enable it
at compilation!)
Requested video codec family [odivx] (vfm=odivx) not available (enable
it at compilation!)
Requested video codec family [divx4] (vfm=divx4) not available (enable
it at compilation!)
Opening video decoder: [vfw] Win32/VfW video codecs
External func COMCTL32.dll:17

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_video_codec
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM. Recompile MPlayer with
--enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and disassembly. For details,
see DOCS/bugreports.html section 5.b.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen. It can be a bug in the MPlayer
code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc version. If you think it's
MPlayer's fault, please read DOCS/bugreports.html and follow
instructions there. We can't and won't help unless you provide these
informations when reporting a possible bug.

I don't understand, I have compiled with
"--with-win32libdir=/usr/local/src/w32codec-0.90"

Isn't there the DivX codec in here ?

Also, when I read that MPEG1, it's soft decoded, and going out on the
TV, right ? It doesn't use the hardware for reading the videos, am I
right ? Please, clarify me on that one.

The idea here, is that I want to read a DivX / MPEG4, soft decoded, then
outputting on the TVout of my Nexus DVB-s.

Also, I tried with an MPEG2, and I get stuck at the begining. I had that
same error using ntuxplayer (the DVB file player). Could I send you my
video so you can analyze it ? These MPEG2s were made with a profesionnel
Matrox Digisuite LX MAXX.
Sometimes, MPEG2s get stuck, sometimes, they don't. But they were all
encoded with that Matrox Digisuite.

Let me know.

--
Alexandre CONRAD