[Mplayer-dvb] Choppy audio with NTSC data

André Weidemann Andre.Weidemann at web.de
Sun Jan 5 17:19:50 CET 2003

Hi Arpi,
I have a similar problem with a quicktime movie...
It's encoded at 30fps with 22000Hz sound.
It plays well under X but playing it with the following option
"mplayer -speed 30:25 -ao mpegpes -vo mpegpes -vop
expand=-1:576:-1:-1:3,scale=720:0,dvbscale" is no fun listening to.
The sound is choppy all the way through when playing it on the DVB card.
The -speed option actually makes no difference.
I'm curious as well... Why should the sound become choppy if frames are
droped?
There is something else I'm interested in. Before transcoding the
movie.. Does mplayer analyse the stream? Sometimes CPU usage goes up to
100% on a scene cut (I-frame?!) and after 2 seconds it plays well again.

André.