[Mplayer-dvb] Choppy audio with NTSC data

Stefan Götz nooneelse at despammed.com
Sun Jan 5 15:42:10 CET 2003

Hi!

> this way you play your 30fps video at 25fps, ie slower, but since
> teh audio plays at original rate, it gets choppy.

I hesitate to question you, but from what I understand and see mplayer tries
to play at 30 fps which is not supported by the DVB device so it drops
frames -effectively, the video is played at the original speed. I don't know
whether the choppy sound is related to the frame drops. As stated, the sound
is fine except out of sync when played via alsa9.

> try -speed 25:30
> but it will lower the tone of audio too...

Yes, unfortunately it stays choppy and the video now also has hick-ups. So I
guess, I will stick to alsa9 sound output and try to sync manually or are
there any other suggestions? (yeah, I know, I should simply get me a NTSC
capable TV set :)

Stefan