[Mplayer-dvb] Re: [vdr] ANNOUNCE: mplayer.sh version 0.8.0

Juri Haberland juri at koschikode.com
Wed Feb 26 23:55:31 CET 2003

Olivier JACQUES wrote:

> For the dvbscale idea, do you have some precisions? Will it scale for
> DVB-compliant resolutions? ...

That's what the dvbscale-option is supposed to do, but see below.

>... I am not sure to understand exactly what
> dvbscale does.

I had also my problems.

I think I have it working, though it doesn't seem to honor the
frames/sec used by the video. So it can happen, that it would scale a
PAL video to 640x576, where 576 is the given Y resolution and 640 is the
automatically calculated X resolution. This does not work nicely.

I think I stick to the current solution as I also don't see any
advantage. As I see it, whether you use dvbscale or not, the needed CPU
power stays the same.

Cheers,
Juri