[Mplayer-dvb] mplayer can't open DVB VIDEO DEVICE

Javier Marcet jmarcet at pobox.com
Mon Sep 2 03:07:27 CEST 2002

* Steffen Barszus <st_barszus at gmx.de> [020830 11:50]:

> > I don't know what I'm doing wrong with mplayer, but right now I
> > can't make it work with my DVB-s 1.3 card. I know I could use the
> > mpegpes video and audio output in the past, but I can't anymore.
> > Mplayer has been compiled with DVB support, it detects correctly
> > the headers - which are on /usr/src/DVB -, but later on it can't open
> > the DVB device.
> >
> > I am stuck on it since the error report is anything but verbose.
>
> I think you didn't load the driver before you try to play trough the device,
> or you have just running vdr and the device is occupied from this process.

Thanks for trying to help but this is not the problem. I have tried it
with the driver loaded and without having launched any program which
uses the dvb card (vdr).
But whereas vdr does work fine, mplayer insists on saying:

DVB VIDEO DEVICE: : No such file or directory
Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device!

when I try to play anything with the mpegpes output.

--
Javier Marcet <jmarcet at pobox.com>
Madrid, Spain