[Mplayer-dvb] Re: Re-Thanxs : vdr->divx with latest CVS

Gregoire Favre greg at ulima.unil.ch
Fri Jun 14 20:01:49 CEST 2002

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 05:57:49PM +0200, Markus Kalb wrote:

> Hi
>
> i just wanted to thank you fopr posting the  mail bellow as it realy
> helped me creating divX files aut of the vdr's. I spend many hours
> inside the mplayer man page to get results that sucked.
>
> Also maybe you could tell me what to do to get a Recommended video
> bitrate for 1400 MB (meaning 2 CD's) or can i just double the rate for
> the 700MB ?

The problem with that method is that you'll get a single file... you
have some option to begin a conversion from a point to another. I
haven't tried it.

Please note that the method described in the mail don't work: it only
convert ONE file... you have to do:
cat 0*vdr | menconder ... -
to encode multiple files...

Good luck,