[Mplayer-dvb] "stuttering" picture - buffer?

bernd_muc at gmx.de bernd_muc at gmx.de
Mon Jun 10 19:22:17 CEST 2002

Hi,

I've observed that when replaying high quality DIVXs from hard disk or from
CD, the picture "stutters" a little bit when the drive is accessed (it's
worse with CD). When I watch the same sequence again (by jumping back some
minutes), there's no such effect. The sound plays along perfectly.

So I wonder if there's some sort of prefetch buffer which can be increased
in size - or if there's none, if it would be possible to add one to MPlayer?

I'm using MPlayer 20-05-2002.

Regards,
          Bernd