[Mplayer-dvb] maybe fix for a-v sync and scuttering probs

Martin Hoffmann ma.hoff at t-online.de
Mon Jun 3 20:54:04 CEST 2002

> ok, i've finally found a movie showing this problem at some scenes.

> anyway the quality looks the very same with lavc=2 and that =2 eliminates
> the problem, at least for me.

I have uploaded a sample clip named "stutter.avi", which shows the problem -
AND it still occurs with lavc=2 - you need lavc=3 to cure it !

However the problem's getting worse, if you try to play XVID with interlaced
content (i know, it's not that good idea to use interlaced content, since
mpeg1 is used for DVB playback and mpeg1 cannot contain interlaced content! -
but for very high bitrates this is okay :-) - then you have a lot of "high
detail" - so you MUST use lavc=4 (or something) - but on the other hand this
reduces the picture quality too much !!

I would really appreciate any other solution !

Any ideas ?

Martin