[Mplayer-dvb] Announcement: 2divx - current WIP release (1.5.6beta2)

Martin Hoffmann ma.hoff at t-online.de
Tue Aug 27 14:45:17 CEST 2002

Hi,

today i like to announce that i'm back from vacation and feel happy to release
my current work-in-progress version of the 2divx scripts !

It can be found at
http://ma.hoff.bei.t-online.de/2divx_wip/dist156beta2.tar.gz !

Please note: This one at least works fine with mencoder from early June this
year (shame on me, i did not find the time to keep mplayer/mencoder up to
date :-(((( ) !
Soon i will upgrade my mencoder / xvid / etc to current cvs, test everything
and release the final 1.5.6 !

This release is mainly intended for all you waiting for new version fixing
bugs and stuff ...

As you might notice, no 1.54 / 1.55 came to public :-/ But these were versions
undergoing major changes and very experimental stuff which turned out to be
not usable in every day use, so i went some steps back :-)

So, whats new ? What has changed since 1.5.3 ?

+ The correct syntax for newer mencoder version were added (-ovc divx4 ;-)
+ internal changed the syntax to -npp instead -pp for more convenience
+ corrected 16:9 scaling, which is now correct for 16:9 source videos !
+ When using PVAstrumento now a symbolic link is created to avoid problems
with ceratin File / Pathnames !
+ Implemented user choosable codec (lavc, divx, xvid) ! Important: Only XVID
was properly tested - divx/lavc at own risk ;-)
+ some internal changes....(that did hopefully not break anything ;-)

Have fun with this !

Martin