[Mplayer-dvb] DVB output... doesn't!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Aug 9 11:07:06 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > > With -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes I get a corrupted file (both audio and
> > > video),
> >
> > hmm. what/how is corrupted?
>
> Many wrong visual blocks in each picture, audio sounds like playing to fast
> and with many errors and after some seconds the sound completely goes away

even if play back on monitor (-vo x11 or such) not over dvb ?
sounds crazy...

the wrong visual blocks symtom happens with DVB playback when it overflows
its internal buffers (you send too much audio/video to the card)
anyway it shouldn't happen :(

> > the same data is written to file as to dvb card if compiled with dvb
> > support
> >
> > > with -vo mpegpes -ao null I get a video without sound.
> > > That's also what I expected from looking at the sources.
> >
> > why?
>
> I didn't look at the demuxer, but I thought that the demuxer would demux the
> audio and video and feed only the video mpeg stream into libvo/vo_mpegpes, so
> that audio should be missing then.
yes it demuxes, sends video to vo_mpegpes, audio to ao_mpegpes, but ao_mpegpes
gives the audio packets to vo_mpegpes which muxes it to mpeg-PES stream and
send it to file or to the dvb card.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team