[Mplayer-dvb] video out device incompatible with codec

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Thu Aug 1 21:20:58 CEST 2002

Am Donnerstag, 1. August 2002 19:53 schrieb Armin Herbert:
> Hi,
>
> this topic has been on this list before (16.03.2002 by Matthias Queisler).
>
> I have exactly the same problem - when trying to play a .avi file with
> "mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes <file>" mplayer says that the selected
> video_out device (mpegpes) is incompatible with the codec (ffmpeg/DivX4).
> Other codecs (like mpeg-2) work fine.
>
> A'rpi, in March you answered that " -vo mpegpes is currently broken,
> i'm working on libavcodec->libfame change. it works fine for me, but it's
> disabeld until i add needed hooks to ./configure and makefiles" and you
> suggest to "use cvs version from a week ago".
>
> Well the cvs version from 09.03.2002 doesn't compile anymore on my system,
> so I landed here ;-) Does anyone perhaps have a hint for me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Armin
Yes , quite one day ago I had the same problem and arpi gave me the hint to
RTFM ;)
Cause the DVB-Card isn'T able to play divx ;) you have to use -vop lavc or
-vop fame to do realtime everythingthatismplayerabletoplay -> mpeg1/2 So you
can watch it over dvb , and RTFM is useful here in understanding the whole
-vop expand and so on things, and take the englich manual, since in the
german one there isn't to much

Greets

Steffen

Computer are like air conditioners: They stop working properly if you open
windows!