[Mplayer-dvb] video out device incompatible with codec

Armin Herbert jolo at ph-freiburg.de
Thu Aug 1 19:53:27 CEST 2002

Hi,

this topic has been on this list before (16.03.2002 by Matthias Queisler).

I have exactly the same problem - when trying to play a .avi file with
"mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes <file>" mplayer says that the selected
video_out device (mpegpes) is incompatible with the codec (ffmpeg/DivX4).
Other codecs (like mpeg-2) work fine.

A'rpi, in March you answered that " -vo mpegpes is currently broken,
i'm working on libavcodec->libfame change. it works fine for me, but it's
disabeld until i add needed hooks to ./configure and makefiles" and you
suggest to "use cvs version from a week ago".

Well the cvs version from 09.03.2002 doesn't compile anymore on my system,
so I landed here ;-) Does anyone perhaps have a hint for me?

Thanks in advance,

Armin
Armin Herbert		jolo at ph-freiburg.de

"I know what sort of software I like to use.
 I'm not bothered what people call it, they
 can name it 'wuggywugwug software' for all
 I care."
	- Phil Hunt on discussion at fsfeurope.org