[Mplayer-dvb] DVB-support without dvbstream

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Sat Apr 27 20:25:42 CEST 2002

(Please CC to me, I'm not on the list)

Hello!

Is mplayer going to support watching DVB (dvb-t) broadcasts with cards
like Hauppauge Nova (no tv-out on the card)?

I didn't find anything related to this in the docs..

Currently I'm viewing digital tv like this:

dvbstream -ps -o video_id audio_id | mplayer -cache 1024 -

1. It would be nice if mplayer supported dvb directly so there would be no
need for pipes (and playing with video and audio id's in the command
line).

2. It would be nice if mplayer supported transport streams directly so
dvbstream would not need to convert stream to program stream.

3. It would be nice to be able to change channels directly from Mplayer.
Currently I'm changing channels with "tzap channel_name".

Comments welcome.

- Pasi Kärkkäinen

                                   ^
                                .     .