[Mplayer-dvb] a/v sync mencoder with *.vdr files

Martin Hoffmann ma.hoff at t-online.de
Thu Nov 29 18:57:02 CET 2001

> > Windows Media Player does not play the Divx4/mp3VBR Files from mencoder
> strange. i tested and it worked for me. but it as a half-minute sample, so
> not too long.
As said before, maybe a prob with the mp3 direct show filter on windows side
:-(

> > This leads me to thinking that the syncing method of mencoder is totally
> > okay !
> > But the playback of the divx files through the dvbs hardware introduces
the
> > sync issues !? (Never thought of that!)
> yes. dvb ha slots of a-v sync problems still.
> have you ever tried to playback these files with software decoding in
> mplayer? i mean to monitor and soundcard, not dvb.
No, because i do not have soundcard in vdr pc !

> did you used dvb for audio out or soundcard?
> video->dvb audio->soundcard is known to be out of sync :(
> (because of a missing driver feature - quering video delay)
guess what ! :-)
I use the -ao mpegpes option ... So it should work !
Do you add PTS info to all packets you give into the dvbs card/driver ? Or
how is it supposed to sync the streams ?

> > Strange that in case it's definitively out of sync the A-V is alway
around
> > +-0 ! So basically mplayer did sync the output (or at least he thinks he
> > did) - so i think the problem must be in the card/driver buffering of
the
> > dvbs card ?
> yes
Do you think you can solve these problems ?
VDR plays in sync, so it must be possible :-)

Martin