[Mplayer-dvb] a/v sync mencoder with *.vdr files

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Nov 28 23:46:32 CET 2001

Hi,

> Windows Media Player does not play the Divx4/mp3VBR Files from mencoder
strange. i tested and it worked for me. but it as a half-minute sample, so
not too long.

also mplaya (from divx4) played it well.

> This leads me to thinking that the syncing method of mencoder is totally
> okay !
> But the playback of the divx files through the dvbs hardware introduces the
> sync issues !? (Never thought of that!)
yes. dvb ha slots of a-v sync problems still.
have you ever tried to playback these files with software decoding in
mplayer? i mean to monitor and soundcard, not dvb.
did you used dvb for audio out or soundcard?
video->dvb audio->soundcard is known to be out of sync :(
(because of a missing driver feature - quering video delay)

> Strange that in case it's definitively out of sync the A-V is alway around
> +-0 ! So basically mplayer did sync the output (or at least he thinks he
> did) - so i think the problem must be in the card/driver buffering of the
> dvbs card ?
yes

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu