[Mplayer-dvb] a/v sync mencoder with *.vdr files

Martin Hoffmann ma.hoff at t-online.de
Tue Nov 27 21:22:15 CET 2001

I have tested some more:

Windows Media Player does not play the Divx4/mp3VBR Files from mencoder
correctly - or to be precise after fast forward/backward it's completely out
of sync :-( But who cares ;-) Maybe with another mp3 decoder filter it would

But there is a windows player named PowerDivX NextGen - this one plays the
files in sync ! And even the ones created with mencoder, which i formerly
reported to be out of sync are in sync there !
This leads me to thinking that the syncing method of mencoder is totally
okay !
But the playback of the divx files through the dvbs hardware introduces the
sync issues !? (Never thought of that!)
Strange that in case it's definitively out of sync the A-V is alway around
+-0 ! So basically mplayer did sync the output (or at least he thinks he
did) - so i think the problem must be in the card/driver buffering of the
dvbs card ?

What do you think ?

I hope this can help to analyze this !

Martin.