[Mplayer-dvb] Encoding!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Nov 5 11:44:44 CET 2001

Hi,

> It works !
>
> Windows Media Player has it's problems with the created avi file: If you
> jump for or backward in the file it's out of sync for a certain amount of
> time .... Then somehow it resynchronizes :-/ (But that's what you said)
i'll check wmp, last time i've checked it worked well.

> However, in the first few frames of the resulting avi, there are green
> blocks ! After that the video is okay.
it is the problem of mpeg input. just play the mpeg without encoding, you'll see
the green stuff. it comes from the behaviour of DVB broadcasting...

> I assume (although i have not checked this) the source video file (VDR
> Recording) is okay, because this was cut at an i-Frame - so it should be
> okay.
no. there are no real (whole) I frames in DVB. just partial updates...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu