[Mplayer-dvb] Mencoder and Virtual dub also: Sound of divx over DVB

mocm at convergence.de mocm at convergence.de
Tue Dec 18 23:26:34 CET 2001

 > > fluttering tape drive) ?
 > dvb support of mplayer is under development, and is early alpha stage.
 > unfortunately nowdays i'm too busy with my commercial work (that fuckin'
 > deadlines...) but as soon as i'm ready, i'll back to dvb support, and finish
 > it (fix seeking desync, change to mp1e codec, integrate audio resampling
 > etc)
 >
 > > Can I do something to improve the playback of this divx files?

In connection with DVB, we just found out that the DVB card is
supposed to be able to play 44kHz pcm. We will try if that is true.
If it works we will have to define a value in the LPCM header for
44kHz.
Don't get your hopes up, though. They also said that the card could swap the
LPCM bytes when we set a certain bit, but that never worked.
I'll keep you up to date.

Marcus