[MPlayer-DOCS] common roff markup errors

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Sep 18 14:37:43 CEST 2006

Hi people,

I fixed a few roff markup errors in translated man pages yesterday, see

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-translations/2006-September/002110.html

or

  svn diff -r 19881:19882

So I wanted to quickly remind you guys that lines should not start with
' in man pages, ' is treated as roff markup at the beginning of the
line.  The easiest way to avoid this is to simply move the last word
from the previous line before the single-quoted text or rephrase a
sentence that starts with a singlequote.

If you wish to check your man page for errors just run

man DOCS/man/XX/mplayer.1 > /dev/null

(g)roff will print errors to the screen.

There are a couple of unbreakable lines left in several translated man
pages, I'd appreciate if you could eventually fix this.