[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS-compatible mode for SVN? / Major annoyance with SVN revision numbers

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 11:17:46 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 10/4/06, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 02:32:43PM +0200, Guillaume Poirier wrote:
> >
> > Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > Maybe it could be done, but since I assume it affects only about 20-30
> > > files I really don't think it's worth it the effort.
> >
> > :-(
>
> Basically just the French and Spanish docs, plus some console message
> files.  Only the French XML docs are (somewhat) maintained,

:( I hope the new recuits will improve the situation...

> the rest will probably basically have to be retranslated anyway..

Okay.

> > > Well, as the head of the translation team you will have to find out
> > > which Subversion revision it is and update the text then :)
> >
> > Then I'd need to know what was the initial revision number of MPlayer
> > when it got online the first time after the crash. How to I do this?
>
> I can give you the old RCS files, maybe this helps.

I don't know what there are: are these the files on the server-side,
or on the client-side?
In any case, what I would like to be able to do is get the English
version against the last update of the french translation has been
made, so that I can produce a diff of the changes to be done on the
french doc to make it up-to-date.

Is that possible with the RCS files?

Alternatively, if I can find which is first revision of the SVN
repository when it got online, I could probably go to that version and
diff all the old english files against current ones, and I shall be
all set.

Either way, it's time consuming and I don't like that...

>  But since it's just
> a handful of files, I'd just look at the history of the English masters
> and try to find out which is the last change they contain.  This should
> take you less than an hour and you only have to do it once ..

> You can start by removing mail-lists.xml, which is still part of the
> French translation.

Will do.

Thanks for your help anyhow Diego

With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!
Vive la France!