[MPlayer-DOCS] DOCS/tech/cvs-howto.txt

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Thu Jun 22 00:32:49 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 13:12, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> I've been thinking about what to do with cvs-howto.txt as well.  At the
> very least we should rename.  Hey, it's easy enough to do it now after
> all.

Done :)

> I'm undecided what to do with section III.  At the very least we should
> rewrite it to fit Subversion.  But I'm not sure if it's necessary any
> longer.  Nowadays all the people who get commit access appear to be
> familiar with revision control tools already and major fumbles are rare,
> so maybe we can just remove it.

Maybe, but it might be helpful for future developers. I remember that file
being a great help when I got cvs write access. It's easy to have all
common commands listed at one place.

> The same goes for section I to a lesser extent.  We're just duplicating
> some basic Subversion documentation that devs should read anyway.
> However, it probably cannot hurt.  A solution might be to extend section
> I a bit and merge interesting parts of section III into it.

I didn't got to writing something today, but I will try to come up with a
short version of section III tomorrow. Something describing a typical
development procedure, like checkout, edit, create patch, send patch to
mailinglist, fix, etc, commit. We could decide later what to do with it.
Like replace section III, add it to section I, or just bin it ;)

--Ivo