[MPlayer-DOCS] Fwd: proposal for change in install.xml

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 21:39:36 CET 2006

Hi,

On 1/22/06, Sebastian Krämer <mplayer at skraemer.de> wrote:
> Sorry, incidently this went to the -translations ML only..

> Subject: proposal for change in install.xml
> Date: Sunday 22 January 2006 20:05
> From: Sebastian Krämer <mplayer at skraemer.de>
> To: "mplayer-translations ML" <mplayer-translations at mplayerhq.hu>
>
> Hi folks!
>
> Some on IRC already know, for the others a short note:
> I came across an "outdated" kernel version info (at least, as "fairly recent"
> ist meant) in the install section of the docs. Somebody please consider
> committing.

 <para>
-You need a fairly recent system. On Linux, 2.4.x kernels are recommended.
+You need a fairly recent system. On Linux, 2.6.x kernels are recommended.

I do not agree. MPlayer runs fine on kernel 2.4.x, and runs also find on 2.6.x

So you don't need a fairly recent system anyhow now that 2.4 is
considered to be on maintenance mode.

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

MPlayer's doc isn't up-to-date. Visit my updated mirror here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/fr/