[MPlayer-DOCS] homepage repository --> Subversion

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Feb 18 08:25:11 CET 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 05:39:11PM -0500, The Wanderer wrote:
> Attila Kinali wrote:
>
> >I have a better idea: From: "svn-user" <syncmail at mplayerhq.hu>
> >Then we have the user and dont clutter the subject.
> >(BTW: that's the way how the cvs mails work)
>
> I would like to formally request that the main code repository *NOT* be
> moved to SVN until both this or something like it and a mechanism such
> that the actual filenames (and, if applicable under SVN, file version
> number) are visible without having to display the message body have been
> implemented.

Easy, we're beta-testing this here for a reason...

Besides the conversion is a lot of work if you convert hacked renaming
operations into proper svn renames like I do.  It's not a matter of 3-4
hours.

Anyway, Subversion does not have file version numbers, revisions are
repository-wide (which is one of the benefits of using Subversion).