[MPlayer-DOCS] homepage repository --> Subversion

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 15 16:29:02 CET 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 04:17:44PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we're going live NOW.

awesom

> I have just finished converting the homepage repository and all is set
> up and configured on the new server.  The old CVS repository has been
> set read-only.  I have already committed the first change, mail
> notification is working, all seems to be well.
>
> Get your working copy from here:
>
> svn checkout svn://mphq2/homepage/trunk
>
> Add the following line to your hosts file until mphq2 gets a DNS entry:
>
> 213.144.138.186	mphq2

Can I set up 2 repositories like I have now, 'main' and 'dev.main', read
only and writable?

> Anonymous can read.  In order to write to the repository, send me a
> username and a password in private.  Don't send me one of your default
> passwords, it goes into a cleartext (but obviously not world-readable)
> passwd file.

Does the username/password I have already work?

> Also don't send me trivial passwords, if remembering it
> bothers you, don't worry, Subversion remembers it by default
> (configurable of course).

Could you tell me just the option to acomplish this? I'd like to have a
barrior between myself and committing..

> If there are any problems, let me know.
>

> If you are unfamiliar with Subversion, don't fear, it comes with
> excellent documentation, head over to
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
>
> and start reading.  There is a quick tutorial as well as an appendix
> about the differences between CVS and Subversion.
>

> Oh, right now some mails are duplicated between -docs and -translations.
> This is due to me not figuring out the correct regexp to match
>
> trunk/src/foo.src.XX
>
> where XX is not en.  Solutions most welcome, this has proved to be
> tricky.

trunk/src/foo\.src\.([^e]|.[^n]).*

Hack but works.

- ods15