[MPlayer-DOCS] homepage repository --> Subversion

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Feb 15 16:17:44 CET 2006

Hi,

we're going live NOW.

I have just finished converting the homepage repository and all is set
up and configured on the new server.  The old CVS repository has been
set read-only.  I have already committed the first change, mail
notification is working, all seems to be well.

Get your working copy from here:

svn checkout svn://mphq2/homepage/trunk

Add the following line to your hosts file until mphq2 gets a DNS entry:

213.144.138.186	mphq2

Anonymous can read.  In order to write to the repository, send me a
username and a password in private.  Don't send me one of your default
passwords, it goes into a cleartext (but obviously not world-readable)
passwd file.  Also don't send me trivial passwords, if remembering it
bothers you, don't worry, Subversion remembers it by default
(configurable of course).

If there are any problems, let me know.

If you are unfamiliar with Subversion, don't fear, it comes with
excellent documentation, head over to

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

and start reading.  There is a quick tutorial as well as an appendix
about the differences between CVS and Subversion.

Oh, right now some mails are duplicated between -docs and -translations.
This is due to me not figuring out the correct regexp to match

trunk/src/foo.src.XX

where XX is not en.  Solutions most welcome, this has proved to be
tricky.