[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/help help_mp-en.h,1.243,1.244

Guillaume Poirier docmaintainerwannabe at laposte.net
Mon Apr 24 17:04:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

Sebastian Krämer wrote:
> Reynaldo H. Verdejo CVS wrote:

>> +#define MSGTR_LIBVO_VESA_UsingBankSwitchingMode "[VO_VESA] Using bank
>> switching mode (physical resources: %08lXh, %08lXh).\n"
>

> Can anybody elaborate what this "bank" is, please?

In general, a memory bank is smth related to the way the physical RAM
memory is organized. I don't know how many banks current memory have,
but you can see it as smth similar to dual/quad/hocto channel at the
RAM module or chip level.

A widl guess tells me it's smth close.

In french, this kind of "bank" is the same the same word as the place
where you get your money robbed (I don't like banks, but what can I
do, you can't live with, you can't live without!).