[MPlayer-DOCS] Can I make an ordered list start at 0?

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Fri Sep 2 23:46:30 CEST 2005

On Friday 02 September 2005 22:06, Corey Hickey wrote:
> An <orderedlist> would be nice, but I don't see a way to make it start
> with 0 instead of 1. The docbook doc is here:
> http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/orderedlist.html
> ...but I don't see anything that would fit. Does anyone know?

Sadly, orderedlist doesn't take start="0" as an argument. IMO the only way
it can be done right now, is overriding orderedlist-starting-number. You
can put it in html-common.xsl.

<xsl:template name="orderedlist-starting-number"> 0 </xsl:template>

All orderedlists will start with 1 as usual, but if you use

<orderedlist continuation="continues">

the above template will be called and the list will start at 0.

A quick grep on all xml documents reveals though that the encoding guide has
one instance of continuation="continues" where it actually means it wants
to continue a previous orderedlist. Maybe that can be changed and the above
hack can be added to html-common.xsl.

You could also override the whole orderedlist template from lists.xsl and
make it accept start="0", but that would mean a lot of work if orderedlists
get upgraded in a newer version of docbook. Better then to get it accepted
into docbook itself.

--Ivo