[MPlayer-DOCS] behaviour of # in man/mplayer.1

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 10:17:20 CET 2005

Hi,

On 11/5/05, Paul TT <paultt at hackerjournal.it> wrote:
> the # key switches between audio tracks, in mkv and MPEG streams.
> but reading the man page, its not so clear that it works for dvd too.

That's true... Well, I guess your may also say that it should work on
DVB streams too, though I can't tell for sure as I don't have a
(working) dvb card.

> moreover OSD tells nothing about audio change...

Are you sure? OSD does say what is the language of the new track you
switched to. Would you suggest that it should print that the track has
been switched?

> i'll write a patch to correct the OSD stuff, but for the man page, could
> it be written clearer?
> i can do this too, just tell me.

I don't quite see a "clean" way to add that information. Here is
current description:

# (MPEG and Matroska only)
                   Cycle through the available audio tracks.

the easiest solution is probably:

# (MPEG, DVD, DVB and Matroska only)

but I can't help thinking that someone who's more on the tech side
will think it looks a bit duplicate.

What do you think?

Reading doesn't hurt, really!
  -- Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski