[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.1000,1.1001

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Jun 8 08:21:32 CEST 2005

Richard Felker CVS wrote:

> +.B remove-logo=/path/to/logo_bitmap_file_name.pgm
> +Suppresses a TV station logo using a PGM or PPM file to tell it
> +which pixels comprise the logo. The width and height must match
> +those of the video stream being processed. Uses the filter
> +image and a circular blur algorithm to remove the logo.

Missing comma - "logo, using".

There is no antecedent for "it" in the first sentence, and I think it's
not a clear usage in any case. The simplest fix would be to say
"determine" instead of "tell it", but although better that still isn't
really satisfactory.

Add "of the image file" or similar after "width and height". To that
end, and for clarity with the usage in the third sentence, it might be a
good idea to say "image file" in the first sentence - "a PGM or PPM
image file". This is slightly redundant, but I think better overall.

Also, the rule is that each sentence must begin on a new line, owing to
roff pickiness; this breaks that rule twice.

side of it.