[MPlayer-DOCS] Less confusing description of '-v'

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Jul 25 10:44:30 CEST 2005

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> Hi,

>>-.IPs 1
>>+.IPs \-v\ \ \ \
>
> ".IPs \-v\ \ \ " should be enough

Hmm. I'll admit I didn't experiment with these - I just copied from the
other places which had the effect I wanted, and most of those seemed to
have four spaces. You're right, however, that three escaped spaces does
the job; I imagine it's a matter of line length somehow, although what
the 'magic number' is (and why it's that) is another question.

> Note: those "\ " are just unbreakable spaces used to get the proper
> formatting.

I'd figured that out, yes, I just didn't realize it wasn't a matter of
'a certain number of spaces in a row' rather than 'enough spaces to make
the line overflow some unspecified limit'.

Revised patch attached.

side of it.