[MPlayer-DOCS] main/DOCS/en/mplayer.1

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Jul 23 01:37:44 CEST 2005

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Friday 22 July 2005 23:11, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> Diego Biurrun wrote:

>>> Wanderer, this sounds like an excellent opportunity for you to
>>> learn how to apply a patch ;)
>>
>> Well, I think I know how to apply a patch, but apparently I don't
>> know CVS very well; as far as I can tell I'm logged in correctly -
>> the CVS/Root file has the correct username, 'cvs update' works
>> correctly so presumably the password is correct - but CVS keeps
>> saying '"commit" requires write access to the repository'. Bad
>> enough that I broke my original source tree trying to switch over
>> from 'anonymous' to an actual username without having to check the
>> entire thing out again, but now it doesn't even seem to work
>> regardless...? Must not be my month.
>>
>> Any idea where to look to figure out what I'm doing wrong?
>
> did you fix all CVS/Root files? theres one for each directory

As I said, I broke my original source tree (piles of "<file> is in the
way" errors); my current one was checked out fresh, with the new
username, so the entire directory structure should be correct. I am,
however, using :pserver: and not :ext: (which latter I'd never heard of,
since neither appears to be documented in the man page and I haven't
found any obvious better documentation); if I could figure out how to
actually use it (since apparently the style of specifying CVSROOT which
works for :pserver: is invalid for :ext:), it might fix the problem.

side of it.