[MPlayer-DOCS] Bulgarian console messages (help_mp-bg.h)

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Jan 6 15:46:18 CET 2005

plazmus at gmail.com writes:
> Also, when I start mplayer, it shows the CPU extensions first, and then the
> "Compiled with extensions : " line. I don't know why.

I don't understand, please paste the output.

> The help_diff script won't show difference with the english version, because
> all of the messages are included in the file, but this doesn't mean it's
> complete. I haven't touch some of the messages, because they contain some
> function names or have context specific meaning. Also it was impossible to
> use other translations as reference - the russian and the macedonian are
> outdated, like the older bulgarian one.

You'll have to use your own judgement about what to translate and what
to leave English.  You could also ask Ivan for help.  Do not however,
copy the English messages into your translation.  Just leave them out
then.  Otherwise the English message might change and users will not
see the latest version.

Remove the English messages and I will commit the file.  It should not
say that it is synced with the latest English version, though, since
it is still somewhat incomplete.

> While I hate it, the encoding is CP1251- it is the most popular in Bulgaria.
> However I don't think that enough people have cp1251 fonts for the console.

It was the one used before so I don't think there will be problems, at
least not new ones.