[MPlayer-DOCS] Bulgarian translation of the Mplayer DOCS/messages

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Jan 3 00:19:45 CET 2005

I was away for a few days, sorry for the late reply..

plazmus at gmail.com writes:

> My first question is: Is it enough in order to compile the docs to put the
> Makefile from the english section in the bulgarian one, and add "bg" to the
> master Makefile? I have the required tools and libs for the conversion to
> HTML  I also edited the USE_SYMLINKS option to yes. If that's enough simply
> ignore the question, but if it isn't please tell me what do I miss.

What does make say?  I must admit I don't remember the details off the
top of my head, but adding a new translation is documented in
DOCS/xml/README and DOCS/xml/README.maintainers.

> My second question is related to the messages header file. It is out of sync
> (427 out of 1049 messages are missing). However, if I translate the missing
> and add to the previous, the style will get messy. Also a few lines are not
> translated according to the recommended convention for translating into
> bulgarian language. Would you matter If I simply translate the whole file,
> ignoring the previous translation. Should I contact the previous translator
> for something?

I just talked to Ivan Kalvachev, the previous translator, he says you
are free to change his translation as you see fit.  Just use your own
judgement.

> I will ask you also, will you recognise my effort? Do you have some
> requirements, which I do have to meet?

Hmm, I'm not sure if I fully understand your question.  We appreciate
your effort to translate MPlayer documentation.  We place no special
requirements on translators.  Be aware, though, that translations need
to be maintained after you have produced an initial version.  So
ideally you will not only produce a translation once but stick around
to keep it up-to-date.