[MPlayer-DOCS] main/TOOLS documentation?

VMiklos mamajom at axelero.hu
Wed Feb 23 16:22:37 CET 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> > Huh?  sox is LGPL:
>> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/sox
>> > So this is bogus..
>> > Maybe it's time to remove it then.
>>ok, removed from the readme
> Please don't.  As long as it is present in the TOOLS dir it should be
> documented.

ok, then moved back. and feel free to modify the text 'sox in not gpl',
but if it is gpl, then i can't write anything about it, why this script
is in the tools dir ;)

> Looks better now, thanks.  I'm tempted to suggest some more changes:
> Why not skip the indentation and add a blank line after the title as
> well as two blank lines between tool descriptions, like so:
>

> 2.1 midentify
>
> Author:       Tobias Diedrich

>               video window flashing.
>
> Usage:        './midentify file1 [file2 ...]'

done

> Also, I would suggest not numbering the tools and maybe even leaving
> out the chapter numbers.  It's a PITA if you want to insert one in the
> middle.

hm, ok

>>                be even more useful in combination with vo ggi to distribute the
>
> Either "vo_ggi", "-vo ggi" or "the ggi video output driver".

ok, "-vo ggi"

> Hmm, that sounds awkward, how about: This script will use Microsofts
> Media Player codec download infrastructure to aquire the codecs listed
> in codecs.conf.

"Microsoft Media Player", and ok

attached a corrected readme, no content improvement yet

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--
Developer of Frugalware Linux, to make things frugal - http://frugalware.org