[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/xml/en install.xml,1.55,1.56

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Feb 7 12:05:24 CET 2005

Jiri Heryan writes:

> Diego Biurrun napsal(a):
>
> >Torinthiel writes:

> >>-dumpmicrodvdsub wasn't optional ;)
> >
> No it wasn't but can be replaced by other (i.e. -dumpmpsub) .  Why there
> is no <optional> tag, so we can  put really optional stuff there and
> necessary but replaceable into <replaceable>s.

OK, you're right.  Let's keep the -dumpmicrodvdsub there anyway, since
the text above suggests that the command line is for repairing the
subtitles, not for converting them to another format.

> >>BTW are you sure this: -fps subtitles_fps -subfps avi_fps is correct?
> >
> I am veri sure. When you play a movie, you can tune your subtitles rate
> by -subfps but when dumps, MPlayer will consider your  movie's rate and
> subs' rate are both correct and -subfps tells it you want convert from
> right rate to new.  Accordingly you must set the movie fps to match the
> old subtitle rate for correct conversion.

OK.

> Ad [-subdelay] removed: I think there is right place to demonstrate this
> option there. If not, maybe we might find better place for it.

I don't know a better place right now, but this one surely is not
ideal, that command line is long enough..